Here’s a healthy burrito recipe to sink your teeth into. Whole grains, lean protein and crunchy veggies make this a recipe that you’ll come back to time and again. Serve with a side of your favorite salsa.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 sprouted grain, flourless tortilla
- 1 Tablespoon hummus
- 1/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh corn kernels
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup shredded arugula
- 3 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Warm the tortilla in a dry skillet. Spread the hummus evenly over the tortilla.
- Top the tortilla with rice, beans, chicken and veggies.
- Fold the two sides of the tortilla in over the filling, then flip up the bottom edge and roll tightly.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 380 calories, 7.8g fat, 45g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 31g protein.