You know that eating lots of greens is key component to shrinking belly fat, so try this delicious field greens salad. Add a side of lean protein to this recipe, like sliced chicken breast, for the perfect, fitness-approved meal. Servings: 4
Here’s what you need…
For the Salad:
- 1 Tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped organic pecans
- 3 Tablespoons coconut crystals
- 4 cups organic, mixed greens
- 1 Bosc pear, sliced
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar glaze
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 1 minced garlic clove
- dash of pepper
- In a small skillet, place the coconut oil over low heat. Once melted, add the pecans and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add the coconut crystals. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes, until the crystals have melted and the pecans are golden. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small jar. Mix well.
- Divide the greens and sliced pears between 4 plates. Top with the candied pecans and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 196 calories, 14g fat, 49mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 2g protein
These delicious Baked Veggie and Chicken Skewers are a quick and simple dinner that’s filled with fiber and protein. Dinners like this will get you well on your way to transforming your body. Pack the leftovers for a wholesome, fat burning lunch. Servings: 8
Here’s what you need:
- 15 bamboo skewers, cut in half
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1 lb organic chicken breast tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for an hour.
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the bell peppers, in large ziplock bag. Marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Thread the chicken pieces, alternating with bell pepper pieces, on the skewers. Line on a lightly greased pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 103 calories, 2g fat, 130mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 14g protein
Most packaged dried fruits contain added cane sugar, but here’s a recipe for baked apple chips that uses only a touch of wholesome sweeteners and a sprinkle of cinnamon. No need for a dehydrator either, these tasty chips are made in the oven! Enjoy this as a delicious dessert or pack a bagful for an on-the-go snack. Servings: 5
Here’s what you need:
- 6 apples (try Pink Lady or Honeycrisp)
- 6 cups fruit-only juice (try pear juice)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
- Coconut Crystals
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Core and then thinly slice 6 apples (skins are fine!)
- Boil the apples for 5 minutes in a pot with the fruit juice and cinnamon sticks.
- Remove from the juice, pat dry and arrange the apple slices on a cooling rack placed on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon, sea salt and coconut crystals. Place in the preheated oven for 1 to 2 hours. Remove from heat once crispy.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 114 calories, 0g fat, 60mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 1g protein
Meals that are high in protein and natural fiber are the perfect way to compliment your strength training routine to achieve your fat loss goal quickly. This recipe for Cranberry Chicken Salad is a delicious way to eat lean and clean. Serve on large lettuce leaves.Servings: 8
Here’s what you need…
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon roasted pepitas
- 3 Tablespoons coconut milk, canned and full fat
- 1 teaspoon dried, ground sage
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- dash of salt and pepper
- head of Romaine lettuce
1. Mix all of the ingredients, except the lettuce, in a bowl. Serve by spooning the chicken salad in large Romaine lettuce leaves.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 221 calories, 9 fat, 123mg sodium, 10g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, and 23g protein.