4 Tablespoons coconut oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
dash of sweet paprika
dash of salt and pepper
6 slices nitrate free bacon, cut in half lengthwise
12 fresh scallops
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil, set aside.
2. Over very low heat, in a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil. Remove from heat and pour into a small bowl. Add the garlic, paprika, salt and pepper.
3. Dip each scallop in the seasoned coconut oil, the wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until the scallops are cooked through and the bacon is crisp.
5. Serve immediately.
One serving equals 92 calories, 7g fat, 133mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 7g protein
¼ cup Greek Yogurt, plain, fat free
¼ cup low fat cottage cheese
1 scoop high quality strawberry or vanilla protein powder
¼ cup fresh berries
1 Tablespoon pecan pieces, toasted
1. In a small bowl use a whisk to combine the yogurt, cottage cheese and protein powder. Mix until well incorporated.
2. Place half of the yogurt mixture into a clear cup, top with the berries and then the remaining yogurt mixture. Top with pecans.
One serving equals 260 calories, 6g fat, 307mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 38g protein.
Serve this delicious veggie side dish with a piece of lean meat for a well-balanced, fitness approved meal.
What you need
1 bunch broccoli
1 bunch cauliflower
1 Tablespoon olive oil
dash of sea salt
dash of pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
juice from 1 lemon
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
2. Wash the broccoli and cauliflower heads and then pat dry. It’s important to dry thoroughly so that it will roast properly. Cut into small florets.
3. In a medium bowl combine the florets, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic cloves. Toss until well combined and then spread over the prepared baking sheet.
4. Roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven once the florets are tender with crispy bottoms.
5. Drizzle the lemon juice over the cooked florets and serve immediately.
One serving equals 160 calories, 4g fat, 98mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 4g protein
3 cups roasted, unsalted almonds
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1. Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until creamy. This can take up to 10 minutes, so when it doubt continue to blend, blend, blend. Enjoy!
One serving equals 109 calories, 10g fat, 3g carbohydrate, 28mg sodium, 1g sugar, 2g fiber, and 4g protein.