HERE IT IS!!!!
School is around the corner and I don’t know about you but I often find myself short on time at the end of the night.
So why not plan ahead? If there is one thing (and lets be honest there has been MANY things) I learned on this weight loss journey it’s to PLAN AHEAD. Let me repeat that….. PLLLAAAANNN Ahead! That way you have zero excuses not to have a healthy meal prepared…. unless your power goes out, or your roof caves in from the weight of the snow, or you’ve lost your house keys and your husband had installed break proof windows and doors and you simply cannot get into your house. But even then, lets hope that one of these 12 meals you stored at your neighbors house so you can invite yourself over for dinner!
Riley and I spent 90 min prepping and making these 12 meals. The day before my husband and I had date night at Costco… seriously if you have never had date night at costco, welcome to fun zone 🙂 We got everything on the list and we chose to buy mostly organic…. yes even the honey, we spent $120.00 for 12 meals. And we have left over onion, carrots, honey and more. Each bag fits in a large size crockpot and is enough to feed a family of 4.
Not bad, $10.00 per meal and super fresh, healthy and EASY!!!
We chose to eat the Turkey Chili the first night and it was a HIT! Loved it!! I even had a little left over for lunch the next day! Recipe is listed below. I will eventually be posting ALL the recipes, but not right away, as I have 2 kiddos starting school and a busy rest of summer so they will filtered in here and there.
If you want ALL the recipies AND the grocery shopping list that you can take with you to Costco and make it so so easy! Then you just have to shoot me an email titled I want the recipes! firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get that PDF over to you within 24 hours!!!
For your enjoyment on how we did all 12 meals……
Crockpot Turkey and Black Bean Chili
Yields: One bag of Turkey and Black Bean Chili with six servings (I tripled this recipe and made three bags)
1 pound ground turkey
- 28oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 cans of black beans (15oz each), drained and rinsed
- 25 cups frozen corn (I split a one pound bag between the 3 bags)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic (I used jarred minced garlic, but you can sub
2 minced fresh cloves or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 5 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
? 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag PREP
- Label your freezer bag.
- To your freezer bag, add all ingredients. (Add the turkey to the bag last, so it’s the first ingredient poured into your crockpot.)
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
- The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your crockpot and cook on “low” setting for 8 hours.
- Break apart ground turkey and serve!
Note: These recipes were adapted from multiple websites and adjusted to fit our family needs. Here is how I see it. If this is your recipe… Thank you! I love it! In fact I love it so much I want to share it. For years I was a photographer and I would see my pictures being used all over and I would get mad, but then I decided this is the information age, your stuff is EVERYWHERE. Pictures, recipes thoughts, ideas you name it someone has thought it, copied it and shared it… so feel good inside that you had a great idea!